Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Poo

I usually try to avoid "poo" stories as you really have to have kids/dog to fully appreciate them. However, I have 3 stories that I want to remember.

It's about 10 degrees outside at night, my husband lets the dog out for some relief. They come back in with my husband complaining about my dog turning around in 50 circles in the snow before deciding that's not the exact spot he would like to poo. It's not the most elegant thing your dog can do, as the circles are often performed in a half squat. It's also not that elegant when your husband imitates it. Damn funny though.

When you are an "experienced" parent, there are much fewer things that warrant immediate attention. One to add to the list is the sound of your daughters diaper being removed unsupervised on a separate floor minutes after you ask the question "Did she just have a poo?" Judging by my husbands' immediate response, this event might make it to the top of the list.

Any parent can usually tell when their kid's had a poo. My daughter used to find a private quiet corner. The last 2 days she's done it right in front of me looking directly into my eyes. Those 10 seconds pass in silence.

No comments: