Monday, January 25, 2010

Definitions

infinite = laundry. There is never a time when I don't have a full load of laundry to do.

sacrifice = staying inside for 90% of the only 60 C sunny day in January

devotion = my husband holding a crying baby for an hour while I clean a days worth of dishes from the dining room and kitchen

helpless = when you're sitting at the dining room table nursing with one arm, eating a Chick Fil-A sandwich with the other hand, and watching your 22month old carefully dip each of her 10 fingertips into ketchup. In one particular example, your daughter might then take those hands and run her fingers through her hair 10 seconds before your son has a diaper exploding poo. (It took a good 20 minutes to "reset" after that and added a bath to the evenings activities)

futile = trying to get my son to take a pacifier or trying to keep pants on my daughter for more than 50% of the day

apprehension = silence for more than 2 minutes when I can't actually see my daughter

No comments: